Create your very own Truffles
Please feel free to share or message your creations. We are hoping to select a few of the more interesting designs and make them in the shop giving you the credit for them of course. Enjoy!
A very easy truffle recipe. Use whatever toppings your imagination can create! They take only 15 minutes to make, a period of rest (30 mins-1 hour) then dipping 15 minutes. Use environmentally friendly packaging /equipment if possible.
Basic Ingredients (makes 12 small to average truffles)
150g dark or milk chocolate broken into pieces or other flavoured chocolate
10 g butter
Chocolate for dipping
200g chocolate (milk or dark) and broken into pieces
Optional 75g toppings for decoration:
You can just drizzle chocolate over the dipped chocolates with a fork or spoon creating stripes or swirls. Equally use dried fruit, nuts, seeds, cereal, coconut, sprinkles, mallow, coffee beans, nibs, fudge or other creations to make an intersting decoartion!
1.Line a small shallow tray/tin with non stick parchment or suitable alternative.
2. Ensure decorations are prepared and ready to use
3. Melt the 150g chocolate, cream, butter and honey in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.( Ensure just melts using gentle heat).
4. Pour onto the non stick parchment and leave for 30 mins
5. Spoon into a piping bag and place cicular blobs or sausage shapes onto another sheet of parchment. If still runny follow the nexrt step 15 mins later-with clean hands roll into balls or sausage shapes.
6.Melt the 200g chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.( Ensure just melts and use gentle heat).
7. Take the bowl and place in a shallow tray of cold water, stir with a wooden spoon until thickens or is 30 degrees centigrade.
8.Using a fork dip the blobs of formed ganache in the chocolate and place on parchment.
9.Decorate immediately and leave until set.
6. Place in a box lined with parchment and tie with ribbon or place in bag and tie with ribbon